Wednesday 21 November 2018

Small Talk in Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Birmingham


We are delighted to welcome a new speech and language therapist to our fabulous team: Denise Bain who can cover Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Birmingham and Wolverhampton for both assessment and therapy. We have known Denise for a while now and have been impressed with her positive attitude, desire to learn more and her obvious skills: 

I am Denise Bain, offering the Small Talk Speech and Language Therapy service in Birmingham and its surrounding areas. I am excited to join the Small Talk team and share in their commitment to ‘helping children reach their true potential’. I believe this can be achieved through early intervention, creating environments conducive to learning and individualising interventions to meet specific needs.

I have a degree in BA (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy and qualifications in Linguistics and Early Childhood Development. I am trained in Palin Parent Child Interaction and Camperdown (approaches used with children and young people who stammer).

I am fortunate to have experience working with children, young people and their parents/guardians a range of settings and capacities.

I work with children who find communication challenging or difficult: struggling to understand or use language or speech effectively at home, school or elsewhere.  These children include those with stammers, developmental language disorder, delayed speech, learning disabilities e.g. Down’s Syndrome, and social communication difficulties like those associated with ASD.

I can offer assessments and therapy interventions customised to the needs of child and family. I offer training, support and collaboration with families, teachers and other professionals so that we can work together towards positive outcomes for children with SLCN.

I can also offer pre-school communication groups an early intervention approach that can be utilised in early years settings.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me. I have flexible working hours and I am available in and out of term time.

Denise Bain




No comments:

Post a Comment